Saturday, August 27, 2016

So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over time, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.
First week of school down! And Katie got one of her same teachers from last year because she moved up a grade and switched from math to reading as her concentration, so that works out well and put Katie's anxiety to rest. She likes her afternoon teacher, too, who is new to the district but not to teaching. I think it's going to be another great year! (I'm going to keep up the optimism until it kills me, lol.)

Katie's at a sleepover and Jerrod's at work, so I'm really hoping to get some reading done today. Though, left to my own devices, I usually end up binge-ing some Netflix. I'm in the middle of my Gilmore Girls rewatch and it's going smashingly. But I'm the only one who likes it in my house, so I don't get to watch often, and I really want to be done by Thanksgiving when they air the reboot. Here's hoping. Or maybe I should just call in sick again - a few times! - before then, lol.

Okay, okay. On to the books. Here's what I scored this week...

From Publishers/For Review:



I received some gorgeous finished copies this week, along with some really, really anticipated ARCs. I'll be hosting a promotional stop for Furthermore this week, and I can't wait to start reading A Study in Scarlet Women, Sherlock fan that I am, but you know I was MOST excited to receive that amazing Marie Lu box of awesome. =D =D =D

It Ends with UsLove & GelatoThe Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo

Got these awesome titles from Simon & Schuster Audio this week! Just in time, too, because I was dying for some new listens and these are sure to be awesome!

Traded:

Be on the lookout for a new trade post soon...a different kind of post, too. I know there's been a lot of drama over on the tag lately, but I still want to complete my collections and help some others along the way. I've thought about posting something regarding all the drama, but what I want to say most is that just because that's what you see on the tag doesn't mean that there isn't beauty happening behind the scenes. I've helped more than a couple people with their collections without asking for anything in return...except maybe some good karma. :) I just wish people focused on that aspect more...

I just posted a new #booksfortrade | Have You Seen This? post this week! I updated my lists, too! I'm still looking for a few high profile ARCs, like Throne of Glass, On the Fence, and Scarlet (Gaughen), plus some other 2016 releases, including Wintersong and Traitor to the Throne, plus others.


Library:

The Luckiest Lady in LondonBecause of Miss Bridgerton (Rokesbys #1)The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1)Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)Jane Steele

Can you tell I'm still in a regency romance mood? :P


So, that's my haul. =) What fabulous bookmail did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:

How to Hang a Witch

Current Giveaways:

Check back soon!!!

Promotional/Discussion Posts:

Currently Reading:

The Edge of EverythingI've only just started this book, but it had me at the prologue. The humor and the snark are on point and the voice is perfect. I imagine I'll have this book finished by tonight if everyone leaves me alone. =) Also, this book is making me wish for colder weather, though I don't want a storm like Zoe is facing.




Currently Listening:

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)Like I said above, I've been on a romance kick. I had to do something since my library hasn't uploaded any new YA titles in weeks, maybe months. I'm dying over here. Or rather, swooning...especially with the rakish Ralston on the loose. :D







Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!

 Instagram Like pretty pictures of books and bookish things? Follow me on Instagram! I also host IG giveaways from time to time. :D


Subscribe by email:




8 comments:

  1. Me and Marie Lu don't really get along well. I read a sneak peak of Furthermore and I cannot wait for the book!! Hope you enjoy all of these! Here is my STS :-) https://pageturner20.wordpress.com/2016/08/27/stacking-the-shelves-41/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gilmore girls is almost here ^^ .Happy reading Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, if I am left alone I usually blog or read. Although I do love Gilmore Girls! Nice haul and library loot too! Hope this week is simply delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sneak in my Netflix binges when I can. LOL Enjoy those fabulous books!

    My Sunday Post @ fuonlyknew

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Love and Gelato looks good, and I love that cover of The Midnight Star. I need to read Marie Lu at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck with your Gilmore Girls watching. I am very excited for the new shows! I really want to read Jane Steele and Amy Schumer's memoir.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great haul! I got The Littlest Bigfoot too. It's so cute! I really need to start The Young Elites series. I've heard so many great things. Good luck with your Gilmore Girls rewatch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great book haul! I have never seen The Gilmore Girls. I don't know why, but for some reason, it just never looked appealing to me.
    I love Sarah Maclean! Her books are so good!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...