Saturday, March 7, 2015

The Weekend Update - 3.7.15

Saturday, March 7, 2015 with 10 comments
So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over the next few weeks, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.  April's also doing her own Stacking the Shelves posts on Sundays.  Stop by and say hi!  =)

Hi! You've reached The Starry-Eyed Revue. Jen's on vacation and unable to return your comments, but she'll check back in with you when she returns and has had a chance to catch up on everything she's missed while she was away. :D

Hehe. I am currently on my way to an undisclosed location, but I can tell you that it is said to have the "whitest sand in the world". ;0) After a brief stint there, we're headed further inland to make all of Katie's dreams come true...and some of mine! Katie's turning 7 on Wednesday and we decided to take a Spring Break trip to celebrate. If you want to keep tabs on all the fun we're having while we're away, follow me on Instagram!

Anyway, here's what I scored this week:



For Review:

Lock & Mori (Lock & Mori, #1)The Haunting of Sunshine Girl: Book One

Lock & Mori by Heather Petty - thx to Simon & Schuster and EW -- so excited for another Sherlockian mystery!!!
The Haunting of Sunshine Girl by Paige McKenzie & Alyssa B. Scheinmel - thx to Weinstein Books for the finished copy (which I forgot to get a photo of, except in that big group up above)


                        Thanks, HarperCollins!

Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway
Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby - yes, another one, but I'm so excited to read it! :)
Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver - a pretty finished copy for my shelf


                          Thanks, Macmillan!

Public Enemies by Ann Aguirre
The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things by Ann Aguirre


                            Thanks, Scholastic!

Rook by Sharon Cameron - I am so stinking excited for this book!!!


                Thanks, Bloomsury & Penguin!

The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir - hoping to coerce my sis into a buddy read now that I have an extra copy ;0)

Gifted/Traded:



The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - traded for an ARC to add to my collection -- isn't it coming along beautifully?!?



Now, I just need an ARC of Blue Lily, Lily Blue, foreign copies of that same series, as well...the PB version of The Scorpio Races, and the other Wolves of Mercy Falls books in the UK edition. (I have the UK copy of Forever.) ARCs of anything on the left shelf (in the full picture on the bottom) would be awesome, too, but I can wait to seek those out...for a bit, anyway. ;-) Can you tell Maggie is my favorite author...she gets two whole shelves dedicated to her books!

Library:

Princess of ThornsThe Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard #1)

Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay - loved this audiobook!!!
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch - listening to this audiobook now...and probably for awhile...it's LONG.

Purchased:

Vision in Silver (The Others #3)

Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop - Such a fantastic series! So glad that there's more to come after this!


So, that's my haul. :) How about you? What did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:
Current Giveaways:

Check back soon!!! I'll be in such a great mood after my vacation that I'll be GIVING ALL THE BOOKS AWAY! =D

Promotional/Discussion Posts:  
  • Our #TopTen all-time favorites over the last three years
  • #WoW - this week, we're waiting on Soundless & The Boy Most Likely To
  • Happy Birthday, April!!! - April celebrated her birthday on Wednesday! Did you wish her a happy one?

Jen's Currently Reading/Listening To:

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard #1)The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)After my third re-read/listen of TKoD, I thought it was finally time I cracked this baby open. And it is just as awesome as the first book.








I've been waiting forever for my hold on the first Gentleman Bastards audiobook to come through, and it finally has! It's 22 hours long -- yikes! -- and so far it's pretty entertaining, though I'm not as blown away by it as I'd hoped or been led to believe I would be. :(


Upcoming Reviews:


Finding Mr. BrightsideLast Year's Mistake





Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!



10 comments:

  1. AAH! Rook! I see Rook! You lucky duck! Awesome haul! have a great vaction!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stack of books. I see that a lot of people have been getting An Ember in The Ashes this week. The Fixer is also looking really good.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! I hadn't heard of Emmy and Oliver before, but I am definitely going to check it out now. Wow, Rook looks amazing. And that cover...it beckons me. Have fun on vacation!


    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul! Vanishing Girls is one that sounds so amazing. I definitely need to buy a copy of it when it comes out. I can't wait for Rook! I Hope you enjoy your books and have an awesome week. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so curious about Lock and Mori. I'll be waiting to see your thoughts on it. I love Ember...so very good. I hope you have a great week Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you will have a lot to read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap! Great haul. Enjoy.

    Come and check out OUaT's STS and ENTER our giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so, soooooo jealous of Rook! I can't wait for that one! I am keeping my eyes open at my bookstore for that ARC, hoping I get it before anyone else does if it ever shows up. Great haul!
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I'm jealous of The Queen of Bright and Shiny Things. That one's on my list and I'm dying to get my hands on it. Great haul! Enjoy. :-)

    Shannon @ The Tale Temptress

    ReplyDelete
  10. Several of these look really good including Princess of Thorns, and Rook. I hope you enjoy all these. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...